(FAQS) FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is counselling?
Counselling is a process in which a client can meet with an experienced, qualified professional to share important personal information about issues they are facing. In a safe, comfortable environment, clients can express how they’re feeling without being judged. Together with the therapist, a plan to move forward can be developed.
Do I need counselling?
Not every issue requires counselling. However, long-standing issues that are interfering with your life, your relationships, or your happiness may need to be addressed with the assistance of someone who has been trained to identify the changes that need to take place to bring freedom to that area of your life.
What should I expect?
From the moment you start interacting with your therapist, you can expect a warm, welcoming environment, and a comfortable place for you to unload on someone who will never judge or condemn you, but who understands what you’re going through, because they’ve helped countless others get through similar situations in the past. They will be there to support you in ways that even well-meaning friends sometimes can’t. You guide the session, and share as much as you feel comfortable. You are always in control.
What we believe?
- We believe that it is a privilege to walk through tough times in a person’s life
- We believe that there is always hope, even in the darkest of places.
- We believe that a crisis can be an opportunity for change that may otherwise never exist.
- At Freedom Counselling we believe that freedom is a state of mind that comes as you gain a new perspective on reality. This may involve challenging your core beliefs and how you perceive yourself. It’s hard to soar like an eagle if you think you’re a chicken!
- We believe that identifying patterns of behavior which may have kept you locked into negative cycles is essential to change. We believe in helping evaluate your physical, emotional, psychological, relational and spiritual resources so that together we can develop goals that will benefit your overall quality of life.
We believe that everyone is able to develop a life that is marked by freedom.
Why Freedom Counselling?
We consider it to be an honor to be invited into your life, and we don’t take that privilege lightly. At Freedom Counselling we have a personal commitment to you and to do all that we can to partner with you toward positive change.We want to see you living free from past issues that have dragged you down, free from current feelings or relationships that are stopping you from moving forward in your life, and free to envision a better future with a better, stronger, healthier you! Just surviving life is not enough – we want to see you thrive in freedom!